The moral condition of the world can be attributed to the condition of the home (family). This write up presents some keys to a healthy family based on the Holy Scriptures (Romans 12:9-17) and experience. In order to develop healthy relationships, let us be mindful of the following: (courtesy of Ptr. Bernard Magat, LifePoint Church Phils., 5 Keys to a Healthy Family of God)
- Authenticity – love without hypocrisy, truly and sincerely. This requires being honest and true to yourself. Be who you really are. Acceptance is one of the important factors in nurturing relationships. Do not please others. Please God. In so doing, authentic love develops.
- Courtesy – one cannot love without giving respect. Respect and love go together. Revering one another and speaking gently towards others promote their dignity and uphold the command to love others. Be gentle with words, spoken and written. These have the power to break down or build up.
- Mutuality – Return good deeds with good deeds. Work collaboratively with one another. Establish life and family goals. Submit to authority (parents) in the family. Always be open to suggestions and encourage one another.
- Hospitality – give and give and give. Share and share and share. Be generous. Give life. Be glad to help and be humble when helped. Practice generosity at home. Be sensitive to the needs of others and always bless!
- Unity – it is always pleasant to see a family united in every endeavor. Unity makes everything possible (remember the story of Tower of Babel). Build each other up. Specify goals and be one in reaching them. There is life in unity.